Solomon Seal Extract
Specification: Polysaccharides 30-50%
- Botanical Name: Polygonatum officinale, Polygonatum biflorum, Polygonatum Odoratum
- Part Used: Rhizome/Root
- Test methods: TLC, UV
- Appearance: Light brown powder
- Product Applications: Nutraceuticals, Food& Beverage, Cosmetics, Herbal Teas, Capsules & Tablets
What’s Solomon Seal Extract?
Polygonatum is a genus of herbaceous perennials with slender stems and long, oval leaves in the family Liliaceae. There are about 70 species, most of which are native to Asia, with a few species found in Europe and North America. The common name “Solomon’s seal” is applied to several species of Polygonatum, including Polygonatum odoratum, Polygonatum biflorum, and Polygonatum virginianum. The rhizome root of Polygonatum plants has long been considered a “miracle herb” by herbalists and healers around the world, particularly in China(Known as Huangjing in China). It is often used in tea, tincture or salve. It is also commonly consumed as a supplement in pill form.
Solomon’s seal extract acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant agent. It is an extract of the rhizomes and roots of Solomon’s seal, Polygonatum officinale. It contains steroidal saponins, mucous polysaccharides and flavonoids. They are said to have a variety of medicinal properties, including Toning the spleen and kidney, Moistening the lungs, Expelling phlegm, Relieving coughs, Reducing inflammation and Promoting wound healing. It also treats skin irritations, acne and blemished skin.
About Rainbow® Biotech
As one of the leading plant extract manufacturers and suppliers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw material. We are supplying Solomon Seal Extract((Polygonatum herb) powder with good purity to ensure that you get only natural, top-quality extracts. We guarantee no additives or preservatives added so that you get maximum benefits from this plant extract.
Benefits of Solomon Seal Extract
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Polygonatum extracts have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects in vitro and in animal studies. This suggests that they may be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Antioxidant effects: Polygonatum extracts contain antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. This may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Immunomodulatory effects: Polygonatum extracts have been shown to have immunomodulatory effects, meaning that they can help to regulate the immune system. This may be beneficial for conditions such as autoimmune diseases and allergies.
- Nervous system effects: Polygonatum extracts have been shown to have nervous system effects, such as improving cognitive function and reducing anxiety. This may be beneficial for people with conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and anxiety disorders.