Sarracenia Purpurea Extracts
Ratio Extract Powder 10:1
- Latin names: Sarracenia purpurea
- Other names: Purple pitcher, pitcher plant
- Source: Leaf, Stem, Root
- Test methods: TCL
- Appearance: Brown-yellow powder
What’s Sarracenia Purpurea Extracts?
Sarracenia purpurea, also known as a pitcher plant, is a perennial herb native to North America and Southeast Asia. It is popularly used for ornamental and medicinal purposes. In addition to being a good natural insect repellent, Sarracenia purpurea contains a number of flavonoids, phenolic glycosides, and iridoids. The leaves and roots of Sarracenia purpurea are extremely beneficial for healing some health conditions such as digestion, eye, skin, and blood sugar problems.
Sarracenia purpurea extract is composed of plant components and fatty acids, it does have natural preservative components. Sarracenia purpurea extract has medicinal chemicals and tannins that help reduce stomach-related problems and certain kinds of pain sensations. It has active properties that fight against viruses and increases the chances of recovery as well as for use in treating smallpox by means of a root infusion. A 2012 study suggests Sarracenia purpurea is effective as a treatment for viruses in the Orthopoxvirus family, including the smallpox virus, herpes simplex virus type-1 (HSV-1) through inhibition of early virus transcription.
About The Supplier
Rainbow® Biotech is a professional supplier and manufacturer of a full range of sarracenia purpurea extract and pitcher plants extract. We own a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw materials which are all traceable from all over the world. As one of the largest plant extract factory in China, Rainbow® Biotech is committed to providing our customers in the field of cosmetics, animal feeding, food&beverage, medicine and health products.
Benefits of Sarracenia Purpurea Extracts
- It is also used in traditional medicine by many aboriginal communities to treat certain health conditions. Several studies have shown that it inhibits early viral gene transcription and may be a potential treatment for other herpes virus outbreaks.
- The pitcher plant is also good for some skin and eye disorders.
- Sarracenia purpurea may also improve digestive health, reducing constipation and urinary tract discomfort.
- Sarracenia purpurea contains caffeoyl moiety, which can be used to regulate blood sugar levels.