Red Sage Extract
Specification: Salvianolic acid B ≥7%(Cas. No 121521-90-2)
Tanshinone iia ≥0.3%(Cas.No 568-72-9)
- Botanical name: Salvia miltiorrhiza
- Other names: Chinese salvia, Chinese sage, and red-root sage.
- Part used: Dried root
- Extraction: Alcohol extraction
- Test methods: HPLC
What’s Red Sage Extract?
Red sage (Salvia miltiorrhiza) or better known as Danshen, is a perennial plant that is native to China and Japan, it has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine. It’s one of the first Chinese medicinal herbs recorded in Shennong’s Herbal Classic of Materia Medica, an ancient book of healing plants written during the Qin and Han dynasties (221 BC to 220 AD). The plant is a member of the mint family and is related to the common sage that you have in your spice drawer. The root of the plant is the most useful part, and it has a variety of benefits that can help improve health.
The herb is traditional Chinese medicine and has been used for over 2,000 years. It includes active substances such as tanshinone, cryptotanshinone, isotanshinone, tanshinol, and vitamin A, E and metal elements such as iron and potassium. The Red sage extract is available in tea, capsules and extract. The herb has been shown to have a number of health benefits, the most well-known benefit of red sage is that it can support heart health. Studies have shown that the herb can help to reduce cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease, strokes and clots. It has also been shown to be a natural alternative for treating type 2 diabetes. It has also been shown to have the ability to help with liver function and may even be able to reverse hepatitis.
About Rainbow® Biotech
As one of the leading plant extract manufacturers and suppliers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw material. We are supplying red sage (Salvia miltiorrhiza) extract powder with good purity to ensure that you get only natural, top-quality extracts. We guarantee no additives or preservatives added so that you get maximum benefits from this plant extract.
Benefits of Red Sage Extract
- As natural herbal remedy, red sage is believed to have a variety of other benefits as well, including helping to treat menstrual disorders, improve memory and concentration, lower cholesterol levels and reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. People use it for diabetes, high cholesterol and symptoms of menopause.
- Research suggests that red sage may be an effective treatment for osteoporosis, as it has been found to prevent bone resorption and promote bone formation.
- It has also been shown to have neuroprotective properties and may help treat symptoms of stroke. It might improve memory and thinking skills and change how the body uses insulin and sugar.