Specification: Food Grade 99%
- Processing: Microbial fermentation
- Source: Corn starch
- CAS Number: 87-89-8
- Molecular Formula: C6H12O6
- Molecular Weight: 180.16
- Appearance: White crystals or crystalline powder
What’s Inositol Powder?
Inositol, or more precisely myo-inositol, is a peculiar class of natural metabolites (defined as sugar alcohols), chiral hexahydroxycyclohexane, belonging to the B vitamin family. The inositols are cyclohexane-ring polyols having hydroxy groups bound to each carbon. Inositol is found naturally in many types of food including fruits, beans, nuts, vegetables, etc. It also forms a group of compounds, called the phytates, which act as phosphate stores in seeds and are a common feature in plants.
Inositol powder is a white crystalline powder, soluble in water, considered to be a pseudo vitamin. Pure powder inositol is processed through microbial fermentation, from phytate extracted from corn soaking water to produce a consistent, high-purity product, and about 2,000 tons of corn can produce 1 ton of inositol. It is widely used in formula milk powder, functional drinks, medicines, cosmetics, animal feed nutrition and health products. It is used as a dietary supplement to support emotional and mental wellness, aiding the activity of neurotransmitter messaging systems. It is often employed to help mitigate symptoms of anxiety, panic and obsessive-compulsive disorders, and to promote restful sleep.
About Rainbow® Biotech
As one of the largest plant extract manufacturers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw materials. Our team uses a fermentation process, a cost-effective method to produce natural inositol powder by microbial fermentation, which has excellent water-solubility and steady quality. Contact us now for your bulk projects, bulk inositol Powder is an economical option that can easily be incorporated into their existing product formulations.
Benefits of Inositol Powder
- Inositol helps with anxiety and depression by increasing the synthesis of serotonin and dopamine. It can also help treat symptoms of panic disorder, including accelerated heartbeat, breathlessness, and dizziness.
- Inositolide also helps with weight loss, by balancing the hormones that control appetite and satiety. Some people report that it helps them lose more weight on a calorie-controlled diet, and some even say they feel less hungry while taking it.
- Inositol is also used by women to promote ovarian health and aid in normal blood sugar maintenance, especially with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.