Horsetail(Shave grass) Extract
Horsetail Extract Powder 10:1
- Latin names: Equisetum arvense
- Other names: Shave grass, bottle brush
- Source: Above-ground part
- Test methods: TCL
- Appearance: Brown-yellow powder
What’s Horsetail Extract?
Horsetail is a primitive family of Equisetaceae plants native to North America and Asia. It got the name of its upright, branched stem and black-toothed sheaths appearance, which looks like a green horse’s tail, often commonly referred to as shave grass, bottle brush, or scouring rush. Horsetail herb extract is rich of Vitamin C, B, E, K, and Electrolytes like silica, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. It also contains natural chemicals like astragalin, populnin, eqnisetrin, caffeic acid, aconitic acid, gallic acid, chicoric acid, jasmonic acid, Kynurenic acid and chlorophyll.
Horsetail has many uses in traditional herbal medicine, it has been used as a diuretic and to treat bladder issues for centuries in Chinese traditional medicine. The horsetail extract supplements are particularly helpful for those with diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
About The Supplier
Rainbow biotech bulk supplies and manufacturers a full range of Horsetail(Shave grass) extract that has been certified organic by quality assurance international. As one of the largest plant extract manufacturers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw material. We are committed to providing our customers in the field of cosmetics, animal feeding, food&beverage, medicine and health products.
Benefits of Horsetail Extract
- Good for hair and bone. Silica is one of the essential elements for the animal body, and people need 20-30 mg every day. Silicon deficiency or silicon metabolic disorder can cause a variety of diseases. The content of silicic acid in horsetail is about 5.19%-7.77% of the whole plant, which is important for hair, bone and teeth health.
- Good diuretic properties. In ancient China, Horsetail has been used as a diuretic and to treat bladder issues due to its high content of electrolytes.
- Help with disease and infection. The herb offers excellent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that would help on wounds and is resistant to a variety of bacteria and fungal infections.
- It can reduce blood fat, prevent atherosclerosis, hypertension, and coronary heart disease. As an effective component in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, the silica compounds in horsetail maintain the elasticity of vascular wall by promoting the proliferation of elastic fibers and collagen biosynthesis of collagen fibers, by reducing lipid permeability and preventing lipid deposition.