Gamma-aminobutyric Acid (GABA) Powder
Specifications: ≥ 98%
- Processing: Fermentation Method
- Appearance: White powder
- CAS No.:56-12-2
- Molecular Formula: C4H9NO2
- Molecular weight: 103.1
What’s Gamma-aminobutyric Acid (GABA) Powder?
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is an amino acid naturally found in vertebrates, plants and microorganisms It is a neurotransmitter that helps cells in the central nervous system communicate with each other. GABA has good water solubility and thermal stability. The content of GABA in plants is low (usually between 0.3 and 32.5 μmol/g), and the chemical synthesis of GABA has the disadvantage that the reaction is not easy to control and higher cost. Researchers found that lactic acid bacteria, yeast, aspergillus and other microorganisms fermentation can be used to replace Escherichia coli catalytic used in the production of GABA, which is currently the primary source of GABA powder.
It has been proved that GABA, as a small molecular weight non-protein amino acid, is safe to intake, and can be used in the production of beverages, health supplement products, etc. Studies have shown that GABA is a natural calming agent that can reduce stress, anxiety and sleep disturbances. It helps to calm the nervous system, reducing feelings of anxiety and fear by decreasing neuronal excitability and also helps to reduce muscle spasms, alleviate pain and manage moods.
About Rainbow® Biotech
As one of the largest plant extract manufacturers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns GAP standard plantation over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw materials. Our team uses a fermentation process, a cost-effective method to produce natural GABA powder with a purity of 98% and 99%, which have excellent water-solubility and steady quality. Contact us now for your bulk projects, bulk Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) are an economical option that can easily be incorporated into their existing product formulations.
Benefits of Gamma-aminobutyric Acid (GABA)
- Reduce stress, increase relaxation and improve sleep. GABA is a key inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means it slows down the activity of nerve cells in your brain and central nervous system.
- Promote the secretion of growth hormone, thus affecting the growth of children. It has been found to stimulate and promote the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus and the ventromedial nucleus to increase growth hormone secretion.
- Lower blood pressure. GABA can act on the vascular motor center of the spinal cord, effectively promote vascular dilation and achieve the purpose of reducing blood pressure.