Acmella Oleracea Extract
5 % Spilanthol
- Herb Sources: Acmella oleracea
- Common names: Toothache plant, Buzz buttons, Szechuan buttons, paracress, and electric daisy
- Part used: Flower
- CAS No.:25394-57-4
- Molecular formula: C14H23NO
- Molecular weight: 221.3385
- Test Method: HPLC
What’s Acmella Oleracea Extract?
Acmella oleracea, also known as toothache plant, buzz buttons, is a member of Asteraceae (Compositae) native to South Africa and has long been used in traditional medicine there for pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. Traditionally, this herb was used by ancient peoples to pacify toothaches thanks to the analgesic alkylamides present in it. Besides pain-relieving effects, the herb also has other benefits including antioxidant, vasodilatory and antimicrobial activities. It also has a positive effect on the body’s metabolism and acts as a diuretic.
Acmella oleracea extract contains a compound called spilanthol, which is the source of its pain-relieving effects. It comes from the flowers and buds of this plant. Acmella oleracea extract has been shown to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, it is considered to be a natural alternative to Botox because it reduces the occurrence of facial wrinkles by paralyzing the muscles that cause them.
About Rainbow® Biotech
As one of the leading plant extract manufacturers and suppliers in China, Rainbow Biotech owns a GAP standard plantation of over 300000 square meters which ensures a stable and high-quality supply of raw material. We are supplying ratio Acmella oleracea extract powder and Spilanthol powder with good purity to ensure that you get only natural, top-quality extracts. We also carefully source each batch of the best quality organic ingredients and use sophisticated processing techniques to maintain its natural goodness – no additives or preservatives added. We guarantee you maximum potency so that you get maximum benefits from the plant extract.
Benefits of Acmella Oleracea Extract
- Analgesic effect. Acmella oleracea plant contains analgesic alkylamides that are commonly used in Thai traditional medicine to relieve toothache and headaches.
- Natural anti-wrinkle agent. Acmella oleracea extract is a natural anti-aging agent that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Spilanthol is a natural muscle relaxant that can inhibit facial wrinkles caused by tense or contracted muscles, and is a natural alternative to Botox.